Thursday, February 23, 2012

What's in a name?

I have been recently toying with the idea of changing the name of my business. I have received signs, had some very vivid dreams, and conversations (that I did not initiate) with "business gurus" about this thought.

So I asked myself... What's in a business name?
And my answer was this: A business name should describe what the business offers, should "feel" like the service provided, and should be easy to remember.

After asking and pondering my business name I really felt that my current name, which was based upon the previous location of my business, doesn't really fit anymore. So the decision felt right to change it.

I went through a number of processes to receive the name that would fit and feel better to me... I sat in meditation, I played with words, I wrote from stream of consciousness, I chatted with my poetry group, I walked the land and spent time on my massage table in prayer, I participated in a shamanic journey, and I checked in with the ancestors and gatekeepers of the four directions.

After much contemplation the perfect name came to me. Soooo, once the Universe provides the funding to change it, I will be using the new name and will make sure that you, my clients, are fully aware and on-board! The new name (soon to be revealed to you) feels like me, feels like what I offer, and makes me smile. I hope it makes you smile too, and look forward to the unveiling of the current business with its new name!!

No comments:

Post a Comment