Saturday, March 10, 2012

thoughts create.

This weekend I am spending the weekend with my whole family for my fathers 80th birthday. This is giving me the opportunity to see patterns, connections, vibrations between loved ones that have been in place for a very long time. Its amazing to me that when we all come together we all of a sudden become who we were when we were all small. So i decided that today I will change that, for myself of course, since we really have no control over anyone else.

my first experiment was with my daughter this morning in the hotel. Generally she is not NOT a morning person so i have always dreaded waking her up in the morning. This morning i sat looking at her for a good half hour. Watching her sleep. Remembering her kindness, her sweetness, her laughter, and lots of fun times together. Then i took a deep breath and quietly said "time to get up". At first she was grumpy, complaining about the curtains not being open, but as i sat breathing, she opened her eyes and looked at me. She seemed calm and said "you look really pretty.today Mom".

And so my day begins with my heart melting. Only goodness will fill this day! I will not be defined by the lessons from youth, rather I will consciously stand in my present beauty and open my heart to love my family from this energy. May I always remember this lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment