Thursday, December 5, 2013

Karma

A few years ago I was in a relationship with a person who turned out to be not so honest with me. I learned from that relationship many lessons about how to say no, how to stand up for myself kindly, and how to feel the difference between words with action and empty words that might sound lovely, but have no substance. Anyway, this person I was in relationship with (we'll call them Jim) borrowed quite a bit of money from me under the pretense that we were building a business and a future. Once the money was paid, the building was done, the license earned, "Jim" told me that he was not interested in continuing the agreement and left me with no money in my savings, a few credit cards maxed out, and a hurt and angry heart. During the ending of the relationship I found out that "Jim" had done the same thing to another woman ten years earlier. She was a woman I knew, but who had never said anything to me about this legal battle she had been in for years to try to get back her money. She didn't share because she didn't want to "talk shit" about anyone. When I found this out I felt doubly dumb (which I got over quickly). I began my own legal proceedings to regain my money, and when I finally got half I let the rest go. And of course the Universe works miracles... And sometimes they take a little time BUT, long story short, the woman who was owed $30,000.00 for a loan taken out in her name years ago, finally got paid. And she got paid because (in passing) the Universe brought she and I together the day I received my check from "Jim" and I was on my way to the bank. And of course I was quite happy, so when we "bumped" into each other I shared. And she shared that the reason she couldn't get repaid was because "Jim" kept changing banks and by the time her lawyer would find out about a bank account for "Jim" he would close it and move his money (tricky devil indeed). So, I gave her a copy of my check. She took that copied check directly to her lawyer. Her lawyer froze "Jim's" accounts and finally she got paid. And I haven't seen her for a few years. And today, the Universe brought us together at the grocery store and she hugged me and thanked me and we cried happy tears. And for a brief moment I was really really happy that "Jim" had to pay. I was happy that he was suffering. And then I felt bad that I was happy he was suffering so I shared that with my husband Fred when I got home. And Fred said that actually I had ENDED years of suffering for "Jim" because he finally did the honorable thing (even if was because he was forced to). And now "Jim" can sleep easier knowing that the suffering he had caused was over. And I could be assured that I was not happy for "Jim's" suffering but elated at this other woman's final good fortune! Ah Universe you never cease to amaze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment