Monday, December 2, 2013

Doers and Deciders and QiGong

More than "doers" we are "deciders". This is the thought that always comes to me when I talk about doing/changing something. Sometimes I talk and talk and talk and then talk somemore... Lots of times I talk about a dietary change, or a schedule change, or a hairstyle change, or a friendship change, or a vacation change, or an exercise change, or a blah blah blah... And sometimes I actually make the change. And sometimes I don't. And sometimes I get really hard on myself for NOT making the change because I know how good it will be for me. And sometimes I really just don't care... BUT here is one change that I made this year and I am so glad that I DECIDED to do it. I talked about it for a year. I started and stopped it for a few months. Then one day I woke up and KNEW I was ready, I had actually decided... The change was... (drum roll please) to incorporate QiGong into my daily practice!! QiGong = Qi (energy/vitality/Life) + Gong (working/developing/cultivating). So QiGong (to me) means working with my energy to cultivate a long and happy life! There are many types of QiGong and people practice for many different reasons. For health, for strength, for control over their mind, for sexual vitality, for peace within, to release fear of life and death, for better performance as an athlete, martial arts, for spiritual development, to increase psychic abilities and tune their sensory apparatus to higher frequencies, etc. To learn about QiGong takes practice. Every day I recognize something new about myself and my energy. The coolest thing that has happened is that I am more aware of my body in space. I am aware of my energy when I walk, or sit, or play, or work, or cook, or hang out with my friends. And being aware of my energy (which has been a passion of mine for a very long time) helps me know how to hold onto my own energy (hangin onto my Qi). To recognize situations that are energy suckers, to know how to cultivate my own energy field by doing an exercise called the micro cosmic orbit which circulates the energy in my Governing and Conception vessels (the two extraordinary meridians that are "in charge of" all the yang and yin in my body) and by gathering my resources and then zipping up my Qi jacket each morning and really feeling myself. I am also recognizing that I am not as refreshed and relaxed at the end of the day if I don't do at least some QiGong in the morning. There are lots and lots of resources and lots and lots of people practicing and lots and lots of different exercises to fit lots and lots of different people. So my suggestion is to check it out on You Tube. Google QiGong exercises and see what comes up. Or give me a call and let me know you want to get together and practice together. Whatever works I hope you DECIDE to give it a try! Happy holidays and may THE FORCE be with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment