Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Mary Magdalene Name Day July 22nd

In 2001 I was in a serious auto accident. Seconds before that life changing event, I "saw" a woman sitting in the front passenger seat of my vehicle. She said to me "you're going to be hurt, but you're going to be fine". I have called her my Blue Angel ever since, but her correct name is Mary Magdalene. Mary's words came to me often during this period of getting to know myself through this challenge of the body; recognizing the strength that was within me; helping me to be still enough to hear the wisdom within my own cells; and giving me courage to challenge the health care system that shared with me more negative than positive possible outcomes... When I was well on my way to healing, Mary appeared to me again. This time it was in a painting that my Mother brought to me. My Mother told me the story of standing in front of this painting in a museum in Florida. She shared with me this story: "It was as if I was stuck in front of this painting... As if the woman in the painting reached out and held my shoulders and wouldn't allow me to move until I understood the message... " And so, my Mother, being more intuitive than she likes to admit, followed Mary's guidance, bought the painting and very ceremoniously presented it to me! When I opened the gift, wrapped in purple paper and tied with a blue ribbon, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a picture of MY Blue Angel (photo).
The Woman who sustained me through surgeries, being bed bound, through painful rehab and fear that I would not walk or use my left arm again, was starring me in the face AGAIN. Only this time it was on canvas, rather than in the front seat of my car... That moment, that accident, that experience with Mary, changed my life. So today, July 22nd, which is her "name day" I like to share some information about her with others and remind them of the importance of her existence in history, and in my life! Be well, Janet ~~~~~ There are many references to Mary Magdalene in the sacred writings of the Bahá'í Faith, where she enjoys an exalted status as a heroine of faith and the "archetypal woman of all cycles".[91] `Abdu'l-Bahá, the son of the founder of the religion, said that she was "the channel of confirmation" to Jesus' disciples, a "heroine" who "re-established the faith of the apostles" and was "a light of nearness in his kingdom".[92] `Abdu'l-Bahá also wrote that "her reality is ever shining from the horizon of Christ", "her face is shining and beaming forth on the horizon of the universe forevermore" and that "her candle is, in the assemblage of the world, lighted till eternity".[93] `Abdu'l-Bahá considered her to be the supreme example of how women are completely equal with men in the sight of God and can at times even exceed men in holiness and greatness.[94] Indeed he claimed that she surpassed all the men of her time,[95] and that "crowns studded with the brilliant jewels of guidance" were upon her head.[96] The Bahá'í writings also expand upon the scarce references to her life in the canonical Gospels, with a wide array of extra-canonical stories about her and sayings which are not recorded in any other extant historical sources. `Abdu'l-Bahá claimed that Mary traveled to Rome and spoke before the Emperor Tiberius, which is presumably why Pilate was later recalled to Rome for his cruel treatment of the Jews (a tradition also attested to in the Eastern Orthodox Church).[97] According to the memoirs of Juliet Thompson, `Abdu'l-Bahá also compared Mary to Juliet, one of his most devoted followers, claiming that she even physically resembled her and that Mary Magdalene was Juliet Thompson's "correspondence in heaven". Bahá'ís have noted parallels between Mary Magdalene and the Babí heroine-poetess Tahirih. The two are similar in many respects, with Mary Magdalene often being viewed as a Christian antecedent of the latter, while Tahirih in her own right could be described as the spiritual return of the Magdalene; especially given their common, shared attributes of "knowledge, steadfastness, courage, virtue and will power", in addition to their importance within the religious movements of Christianity and the Bahá'í Faith as female leaders

No comments:

Post a Comment