Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Patterns

I can remember when I was a little girl and I would be watching my mom knit I would be fascinated with patterns that she created out of one thread (yarn). It is this thought that has motivated me to share what I think and feel about patterns...

Patterns can be found everywhere, they are in our material surroundings, nature, relationships, words, thoughts, writing, behaviors, etc.

Noticing this reality has been wonderful for me. I even noticed when I pour the cream in my coffee and stir there are patterns, and many things influence the pattern... I could do it the same everyday, pour the coffee, dab in the cream, stir ~ and even though I "do it the same" if one little thing is different the pattern changes ~ the size of the cup, the speed of the stirring, the distance of the cream container to the cup when pouring... With this simple realization I am reminded that with other patterns too they can be changed and influenced with small changes... So, when something doesn't feel comfortable for me in my world, I will look for the pattern (behavior, conversations, thoughts, etc.) and even in the noticing it can be just enough to change the pattern...

My thoughts to you today are ~ what are your patterns, do they serve you and others, can you take a moment and notice them and in that noticing change and reshape the pattern!

1 comment:

  1. Seeing them daily, that god for the process of detection...now for the hard part: Changing the patterns to better serve me :-) Nice blog Janet.

    ReplyDelete