Thursday, January 13, 2011

Even in my sleep I pray

Strange dreams last night... What I recall is this: I am in a room with Bella, our chocolate lab puppy, and I am feeling dark. I leave the room, but Bella decides to stay and when I am shutting the door I turn and see her sitting with her back to me. The door shuts and I see blood draining out the space between the door and the floor. I feel panic. So I pray. I send love. I am love, I give love, I receive love, I believe in love, I engage in love, I am always becoming more love.... (that's what I begin to pray in my dream). Then I am awake but asleep, and I feel like my partner sits up, walks toward the door and I see him in the doorway ~ tall dark and walking away. So I say outloud "honey can you get me a drink of water" but instead of the figure in the doorway responding I discover that he is sleeping soundly and has not gotten up at all... The figure disappears and I am left feeling confused ~ awake or asleep? And so I pray. And then I rest.

What this dream means to me is that when in any dark situation prayer turns it into light!!

No comments:

Post a Comment