Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dying Consciously (and living consciously too)

I am training in an energy therapy that is called dying consciously. It has three parts to it: Recapitulation which allows an individual to follow a river of consciousness so that they can without judgement look at their life and release their physical body. Folks during this stage may have symbolic visions or memories of actual events. They get to say all their "I love you's" " I forgive you's" and "I'm sorry's". And if the person is not conscious the family is asked to bring in photo albums, remember stories, and share their memories (since the last faculty to leave us is our hearing).

The second step is a chakra clearing because as a person is remembering their "stuff" energy "bubbles" to the surface of their chakra's. Assisting the energy to leave allows for the chakra to spin full and bright so that when we get to the third step, the death spiral, the life force energy has an easier time disconnecting from the physical reality. Chakra clearing is not new to me, I have been doing this for ten years in my work but its a bit more powerful when the energy coming to the surface is really ready to go!

The third step is the Death Spiral. In order to be able to perform this ritual I needed to experience it, and so I did. The cool thing for me was this: when I was released from my body and my spirit was traveling it took me back to my accident (2001) and since I don't have a clear memory of that event (except for the months and months in a hospital bed afterward), it was interesting to experience and interesting that I went to an event in which I was given a choice to stay here or go and I chose to stay (obviously). What I didn't remember was a tube being inserted into my throat. Actually the first week afterwards I was pretty drugged with Morphine so its quite a blur. Anyway, I ramble... When getting the death spiral done when I remember feeling outside my body and back to the accident I suddenly felt nausea and gagging and I couldn't stop coughing. And the teacher working with me said that moments before I started coughing she felt like something was caught in her throat. Now how cool is that...

So, one other thing that this work allows us silly human creatures to do is to release that which no longer serves us ~ a metaphysical death if you will... That could any life transition whether it be a divorce, job, moving, children going to college, etc. What a gift to be able to release and move on. Without judgement, without guilt, without fear. Just moving on in love and light.

So my dear bloggers, if you are experiencing any kind of life transition or if someone you know is dying, please send them my way. I am honored to offer this as part of my tool bag and hope that it benefits others as much as it has benefited me.

Peace, Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment