Monday, December 10, 2012

Changes happening

"The change was slow. So slow that if you weren’t taking notice you might miss it. The shift in thoughts, habits dropped like a heavy winter coat, small movements forward. Seeds planted, new life peeking out from under the earth. The earth that is usually frozen at this time of the year. Newness alive, vibrating slowly from within. So slowly, that if you weren’t taking notice you might just miss it." I wrote that "poem" because its how I am feeling lately. Like if I don't pay attention I'm going to miss it. What ever the "it" is... And how do I pay attention, you might ask. I sit. I breathe. I am present in conversations, listening without the need to respond. I walk outside. I don't over work myself. I set good healthy boundaries for work and play. I feel. And then I feel some more. I remind myself that I have no idea what is right for anyone else. I don't pretend to be wise. I practice kindness. I take responsibility for my thoughts and actions. And I have learned to not take things so seriously. I laugh ALOT! So as we pay attention, we change. And as our world is shifting energetically, we change. And even if we hold onto what we think we know, we change. We can do it slowly or swiftly, and either way will be scary at first. But as we shift we become comfortable with our new place. We notice what we didn't need or want moving away from us and its not so painful. Its kind of nice even. May your changes be made with choice. May your changes be easy and effortless. May your changes be ... given to you with CHOCOLATE!! ~ Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment