Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Owl Medicine

Sometimes the Universe just completely surprises me. Since my move and marriage Fred and I have been spending time cleaning and de-cluttering so that our home is not his or mine, but OUR home. I have released, recycled, given away and surrendered lots and lots of things (furniture that was unnecessary, clothing that I haven't worn for a year, kitchen implements and nick nacks that held no real senitmental value). Doing this requires time and energy, which is probably why sometimes I resist (as do many others I'm sure). In a few of our most recent clean outs we went through our "spare" room. I always wonder why its called that. Probably because it is the collection space for things that you don't really need. Anyway, while cleaning the spare room Fred came upon an Owls Claw. When I held it and closed my eyes, my heart started racing, I felt dizzy, and I had the feeling I was flying. I had to open my eyes quickly to get my footing... So of course the Owls Claw stayed. Owl symbolizes the feminine and has been called "a cat with wings", which is very appropriate for me as I have inherited 5 cats in my union with my love. Owl also represents magic, omens, silent wisdom and vision in the night before I go to sleep at night I hold it and ask for guidance in the dream world. I ask my owl spirit for protection, for clear signs, and for memory of what will serve me when I wake up. I haven't "heard" her name yet, but I am sure she will reveal it to me in good time. For now I am satisfied holding the claw, making my intention for dreaming clear, and waiting. And of course I'm sure, the Universe will completely surprise me!

No comments:

Post a Comment