Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The silly workings of the mind

I love when I remember to pay attention to the pause in between... In between each breath, in between words, in between thoughts, in between actions... In between. This theme has come up for me (and many I know) alot lately. In between jobs, in between kids, in between relationships, in between life and death and so on... For me the in between has been in my own thoughts, and what is programmed as "right and wrong" and what actually is... Recently my husbands teenage son has come to live with us full time. My husband and his ex-wife (his son's Mom) have co-parented for many years, their son has lived with my husband full time on and off over his life, and they have been able to work it out where if one of them has more than the other one, the one with more takes responsibility at that point. This is such a beautiful thing and I am so glad it has worked for them. And I really want to make it clear that the issue is mine, there is no right or wrong and I know that to be true. I am sharing because I am sure that many folks have the same internal struggles but really don't know how to talk about it in a way that is ok for all involved. So I shall attempt it: My MIND says She should..., we should..., he should..., that's not right..., what about... Of course you can fill in the blanks in many ways, and those are not really the important part of the story for me, the story is that my MIND wants to control the situation with "shoulds" and "should nots". That's the thing with the mind. It has been fed a story about what is right, what is not, how we should respond, how others should behave, and then there's the fear of how are we gonna do this financially, I mean really, a teen boy EATS alot (big sigh). Anyone else know what I am talking about? Ok if you do, then you realize that these thoughts pop up randomly and then they take hold and act like the energizer bunny... they keep on ticking! And its WORK to get them to let go. And the WORK is WORTH IT!! When my thoughts become un-loving or judgemental of self or another, I pop open my tool box to bring me back to myself! I know about energy and the energy body and how to balance, I use mantra's, meditation, writing in a journal (or blogging) to open the cork so the bottle doesn't blow, I have the accessibility of the woods, know how to breathe deep and have surrounded myself with relationships that bring me back to whats love and whats not. So, if you are having thoughts of right and wrong, or looking at how another is living their life and think "if only they did blah blah blah, then I suggest you STOP. STOP the mind. Check into the heart. And if you don't know how, then ask someone who might be able to guide you. And really don't take it too seriously, its just the silly mind after all and your heart is much more powerful, you just have to learn what it feels like and how to let go of everything you've been taught about life ~ yup, that's all, that's what's on my "mind" today! Be well and happy! It is a choice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment