Sunday, February 28, 2010

Empty Nest

Been thinking about my kids a lot lately! I always do, but it seems like lately there is a "tug" that is happening often. Yesterday I found an old photo of my kids when they were little and boy oh boy I was instantly right back there ~ taking the picture ~ thinking and feeling how lucky I am!

My children taught me (teach me) so much about life and love and forgiveness and patience and boundaries and acceptance and grace and ... So, as I sit here I know I don't have an "empty nest" but I am feeling the spaces where they are not. The breakfast chatter, the "Mom, can you ..." and "Mom, I gotta tell you something that happened..." and "What would you do Mom" and it is heavy on my heart... Its probably why I had a dream last night that I had a heart attach. It was fascinating~I witnessed it and didn't feel fear, just the thought that I wouldn't be here for my kids. And, when I awoke my ribs and chest hurt and I had that "tug" to hold my children and reassure them that I love them, am SO proud of them, and will always be connected to them!
So, before I close, I urge you to (if you have children) to love them, love yourself, and appreciate the time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment