Thursday, February 25, 2010

Water, The Rune of Laguz

This morning I chose the Rune for "flow", which symbolizes water and all that is associated with the ebb and flow of water... emotions and unseen powers that nourish, shape and connect.

It seemed fitting to me that "flow" jumped into my hand since there is so much snow and it just keeps coming, and as I am outside in the snow, it lands on my nose and melts into water...

This Rune also speaks to the intuitive or lunar side of one's nature, which is also fitting since Sunday is a full moon and much energy is being kneaded, squished, fluffed, pounded, flattened and reshaped~all leading to the full moon and releasing that which no longer serves us. So many folks are sharing with me that they are traveling in dreams~"weird" dreams abound.
Mine have been all about relationships (water), past and present~some have ended and I am saying goodbye and thank you, and some are just beginning and I am learning many things about what I desire in any relationship.

The one theme that seems to be "flowing" through all of my dreams has to do with power~who has it, who wants it, what is it and what is the power of standing in your own authentic being and saying yes or no with passion for YOURSELF! I have graciously received many lessons having to do with power and the what I am reminded by the Rune of water is this... You can stand in your own "knowing" of yourself and your desires, and still be kind and gentle with others. Words and actions that hold the intention of Love, whether they are what someone wants to hear or not, always are received well. Words and actions that are said with the intention to hurt, even if you SAY you don't mean any harm can be felt also. I try to always do a self check before I have a "hard" conversation that has to do with power. If I am feeling "mean" or "ugly" about something (and you all know that feeling~that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach...) I don't share it. I breath and ask myself if I were to be receiving this information how would I be able to "hear it" without reacting to it. Then I wait until I feel peace and calm in my heart before I proceed. And sometimes it takes quite awhile, and sometimes I can do it instantly...

Here is a saying that has helped me many times to call that peaceful feeling into myself:

I bathe myself in generosity, appreciation, praise and gratitude for my fellow beings; reminding myself to always look for self acceptance and enlightened understanding of my life experiences, and to share only that which is filled with light.

Now that I have rambled (what can I say, it is about water and flowing...) I end with sending light to you my blog followers! May the long time sun shine upon you, all love surround you, and the pure light within you, guide your way on! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment