Friday, June 17, 2011

Silence

Since I last wrote I have had many changes (does that surprise anyone???)... The biggest one was that on Sunday I broke all the bones in my ankle and dislocated it too... Now I am needing pins and plates to stabilize the ankle so that I can walk sometime in the future. Although painful (and let me tell you, it is crazy painful) I am asking for the blessings to be shown to me. There are many but the most apparent one is that I am having to sit in silence. I don't have a television to distract me and I am not really able to concentrate on reading at this time, so I am praying and listening. Wow what you hear when there is no "sound" to distract you. The birds sing to me every day, and I feel as if I can understand their songs. The trees whisper and I sometimes feel as if I am dancing with them in spirit. My breath has become a very large part of my conscious awareness. My breath and my thoughts. And then of course its the thought of "the great whatever"... Whatever.... This is what my reality is right now, this is where I need to be or I wouldn't be here. This is it. What I created for myself to experience silence. To connect to my new surroundings. To be one with "whatever"... And every once in a while I get that little thread of a thought of fear about the upcoming surgery, and I remind myself that "whatever" will be will be. I will heal. Life will continue or not, and it all just doesn't matter. Its good. Its really good. And I am grateful.

One of my Guides has said "its a time of great purification" so I allow for that energy to move me, inside and out. To allow me to really connect to those in my life. To be humbled by the stepping up of family, friends, and community and by the KNOWING that this is just a bump in the road. A time of silence. Just a time of ...

No comments:

Post a Comment