Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Nauthiz, Rune of Constraint, necessity and pain

As some of you may be aware, my partner is no longer my partner.  This was such a lesson for me and since I trust the natural signs that come to me to help propel me ahead I thought I would share the Rune I picked today.  

Nauthiz:  A cycle or initiation, it is the great teacher disguised as the bringer of pain and limitation.  It has been said that only at the moment of greatest darkness do we become aware of the light within and come to recognize the true creative power of the self.  When something within is disowned, that which is disowned wreaks havoc.  A cleansing is required and in undertaking it you fund a will and strengthen character.  Remember that "suffering" in its original sense merely meant "undergoing".  Thusly being required to undergo the dark side of the passage and bring it into light, remembering to control your anger, restraining impulses to be ugly and mean, and keeping faith firm.  

Whew, very "right on" for me today.  Sitting in the light with my crystals and smudging the crap out of the church!  Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment