Wednesday, July 29, 2009

two steps forward one step back

Don't know if anyone has ever heard this saying, but it sure was true for me last night.  Did all the measurements for the drywall last night, took down the remaining beams over the alter area, and then I pipe up and say to the guys... "I've been hearing water running and I can't figure out where it is coming from".  I was hearing it while in the downstairs bathroom.  I turned off both the upstairs toilet and then listened... Turned off the downstairs toilet and then listened...  Then got distracted and forgot...  So, the guys listened and followed the sound to the basement and then YIKES what do I find out... The basement is full of water...  The old hot water heater has burst its  bubble...  Water is spraying out like a hose and the basement is full of water up to the first step.  Sooooo Jeff and Dale, the amazing guys that they are, beat on the water heater (that's what it sounded like from upstairs...) and then plugged the hole, then got a sump pump from Dales house and plugged it here to move the water from the large hole in the middle of the basement to the area where my sump pump is...  What a mess...  BUT~it is now almost dry and I will be more aware to not get distracted and follow the noises that I hear until I figure out what they are.  Thanks Universe... done with that lesson... don't need it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment