Saturday, July 25, 2009

Why

As I was having a conversation with my dear friend Corbie about my new tattoo, she asked me why on the thigh...  I felt kindof silly telling her my thoughts and reasons, but did anyway.  AND since she didn't laugh hysterically I thought I would share with you also...  The reason I chose the thigh was because even though I spend much of my waking time in spirit land, I come back to ego land and see flaws in my physical body just like most of the women (and some men) I have talked to do.  And, one of my "tapes" that I have been and AM getting rid of is "thunder thighs".  Ya' know the thing someone says to you when you are, oh lets say, starting puberty and your body is changing and words are so powerful and "stick" with us (not just in our minds, but in our cells).  So, everytime I look at my tattoo, I hear how beautiful my legs are and what a fine piece of artwork adorns my oh so beautiful leg.  This is working for me!  I still sometimes see "thunder thighs" especially when I put on my jeans right out of the dryer, but it is getting less and less. This is also a gift of aging, seeing things and ourselves so much clearer and getting rid of the muck that has been the gift from our parents, siblings, society, media, etc...
I hope today you take some time and remind yourself how beautiful and amazing you are!  Because its true!

No comments:

Post a Comment