Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mom, 75 years on this earth

My Dad is so cute...  He sent me (and all of my siblings) an email reminding me that next week is my Mom's 75th birthday.  He did this because ONE TIME, a few years ago, all four of us kids forgot Mom's birthday and she was so hurt.  I couldn't believe that we ALL forgot the day...  We didn't hear the end of that fauxpas for years.  So now I mark my calendar and I get a reminder every day for one week before the actual day so that I never forget again...  
The cute part is this...  My Dad loves my Mom so much (even after over 50 years of marriage) that the thought of her being forgotten breaks his heart.   They made it through raising four kids (and believe me, I was not the easiest child/teen), four grandchildren, job changes, money challenges, college expenses, moving and going through/cleaning out 50 years of "stuff" and they are still in love.  What a gift they have been to each other! 
 So, maybe I wear "rose colored glasses" but... they give me hope that someday I will be fortunate enough to feel/experience this commitment too!

No comments:

Post a Comment