Thursday, September 10, 2009

Judgement

Judgement.  This is the energy that I have been learning about lately and I am grateful.  To experience judgement feels to me like someone is looking through a lens of fear and old "stuff".  I know I have been guilty of sending out this energy in certain situations when I don't understand something or I have a preconceived notion of "right or wrong" and "if they would just do it my way it would be so much better for them" energy...
Here is the lesson I have been gifted with.  ITS ALL GOOD.  No matter what choices we make, if we look at them with love, they are all good.  Sometimes friends think that it is their "job" to point out your faults and maybe patterns of behavior that they judge to be bad.  I can't agree with this.  I believe that a friend is someone who maybe once says hummm what about this, or have you considered this... This language gives you the opportunity to look at something and decide for yourself if is truth.  But when someone comes from a place of judgement they say humm what about this and if you don't see it my way then I am out the door, gone, removed from the situation, no longer to be connected...  And that is hurtful to receive.  
So my hope for all of us is this:  when we judge others, look into our heart and ask the question, what about this situation do I fear.  Why do I feel that I have the power or "responsibility" to change someone elses view or behavior.  Is this behavior a trigger for old stuff maybe that was experienced in early times by my parents, siblings, society.  And does it work for me??  If it works for you and you find that you are supported in this belief than more power to you.  But, if after asking yourself if it works for you and you hear it doesn't, than have the courage to say "maybe I don't see the situation as you do, but I love you anyway".  I'm here for you in sadness, in joy and from a place of witness so that you can experience all that you came here to experience and be all that your journey brings to you...  With Love, Janet

1 comment:

  1. We are our own worst critics, we make hard and fast judgements against ourselves and then we project those judgements onto others. I believe that in some ways our judgements can shape our personal values, and I also believe they can destroy us from the inside out.
    As a friend may I judge myself less often so that I may free you from any false judgements, and may we as friends always love each other enough to at least lend an ear or a voice of reason when it's needed...but to pass judgement would only hurt the love we have...peace lovely Janet I love you, your energy and your words!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete