Saturday, October 3, 2009

Zen Tatot, The Master

Good morning to all you early risers! Each day I pick three zen tarot cards to prepare me for the energy of the day. Today I chose the Master first - this card is the main energy and the next two are the energies that will support this one. The two supporting cards were playfulness and creativity.
The Master reminds me to just be. Not to be higher or lower than anyone else, just to be, to know and to hold space for those who wish to participate. This is a great card today because it is the Paint the Town Pink event in our little village. This is a Breast Cancer Awareness event and I will be at Bun Apetite bakery on the deck talking about ways to support those challenged with cancer and those who are holding the space for them.
Lots of times we pray (in whatever way that is for each one of us personally) for the person who actually has the cancer, but we forget the family and friends of that person. This job, the job of supporter, is also very challenging. The supporters present as "strong" and they (many times) are not given the space to just fall apart and express their fear, sadness, and also joy at being able to be the supporter.
Cancer can be an opportunity for families to heal, for individuals to become whole, and for communities to come together without "stuff"... They get to SEE the person, and cancer is the great equalizer - it doesn't choose someone with no money, or someone who has struggled in their life, or someone who has the picture perfect life. It affects everyone.
So, back to the Master... I beleive I chose this card today because I am being reminded that just because I am the "Therapist" it does not make me any more or less than the person challenged with the "dis-ease". We share space, we share love, we hope for the highest good for all involved and sometimes we let go.
My hope for those I meet today is that they follow the path that is right for them to find and become whole!

1 comment: