Saturday, July 9, 2011

4 weeks in

Amazing how 4 weeks on a couch can remind you of what matters... I know a number of my clients who have faced cancer and chronic disease have told me the same thing, but hearing it and experiencing it are two very different things. Amazing how quickly the muscles atrophy and the desire to "run a marathon" is so gone...

Now the desire is to have coffee with friends and share our hearts, to experience the sensations in my body so that I can understand when another person describes it the same, to really get a handle on my thought patterns and watch as I do the work to change them, to be gentle with myself, to appreciate the little victories like being able to make coffee and let my dogs out and get myself to the porch to listen to the wind.

When our lives are really busy because we think we have to get everything done sometimes we forget to make time for the couch (or the meditation pillow, or whatever space quiets you). When we do that we forget about all of the amazing simple pleasures that as a human we get to experience. The couch is allowing my intuition the time to get really clear, my body to FEEL really clear, and I am completely satisfied and grateful for exactly where I am in this moment of time... I hope the same for you. Take time to connect with family and friends just being together. Listen, really listen to those around you without trying to fix or correct them, and offer yourself the same gift. Be where you are. Be grateful for what is right in front of you, and learn from the gifts and the challenges you have given yourself. We are all moving toward the same destination and no matter what we choose we will get there... The question is will you enjoy the ride? I for one say absofreakinlutely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment