Monday, July 18, 2011

The water element

This morning I watched a most excellent film; the curious case of Benjamin button. It was so beautiful. A memory of human existence backwards in time. The ending made me cry and as I look outside my window it is raining... Amazing how our energy can be so connected to nature. Nature... Natural... Normal... If only we could remember that it takes all the seasons and all energy to create the natural world. We need water and wind and metal and fire and earth... All of them. And they are all connected in the natural world as they are inside of each of us. Our own little cosmos. What we choose to pay attention to gets bigger. So today I will choose to look at my life through the water element. I will allow this precious natural gift that makes up 85% of my internal cosmos to carry any thought, memory, experience that has been challenging to me and wash it down stream so that only the sweetness remains. All experiences have sweetness if we take the time see it. If we recognize that nothing lasts and change is just the river flowing... because in the end we all let go. Letting go while remaining very present to every sensation is one of the gifts that I am very grateful for and may you all find the best way for you to get to that point also. And the sweetness remains the same!! Allow the juices to drip down your chin, sticky your fingers, and fill you up!

No comments:

Post a Comment