Thursday, July 14, 2011

No manual or guarantee

As the days blend into on another from my view from the couch I have had lots of time to ponder wonder and play in my mind... A few nights ago I made my first venture out of the house to a womens circle that was very much exactly what I needed. We talked about the four agreements (book by don Miguel Ruiz) and focused on the second one. Take nothing personally. Great reminder for me. Brought me back to the place of remembering that as a human family we all do the best we can and we create our lives exactly how they are with our thoughts and actions and reactions to others actions. This line of thinking brought me to the place of relationships... Everyone enters relationships with hope. We blind ourselves to anothers' for lack of a better word weaknesses. We see only the good. And as time goes on their ( and yours) "ouch places" are revealed. We are not taught as children how to deal with this. So we make excuses, emotionally disengage, or butt our heads against the wall waiting for change. None of these work. The only thing that I believe works is to pay close attention to yourself. To always bring the best you to the table and if it is not serving you to move on. When we are listening to our intuition and we finally realize something is not for our highest good we can then choose how to communicate and move forward. Sometimes it's hard... Matters of the heart are usually the hardest ones... My realization is that there are no guarantees. Promises can be broken. People can do things and say things that feel bad to us, but we are the only ones that think and feel inside ourselves. We can choose how to respond. We can remind ourselves to keep our energy clear so that anthers poison doesn't stick to us and cause holes in our own energy field. And we can pray. Let go of the fairy tale of forever. That's a long time. Appreciate the moments. Release when appropriate and love always. Life goes on and it is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment