Friday, July 29, 2011

Words and feelings

I love words...  I believe they can heal or harm and the choice is always ours...  Words words words.  Many things attached for us human beings.  One word may bring joy or heartache depending upon the intention of the speaker and the perception of the receiver.  I find as I get wiser in age I pay very close attention to how things make me feel.  I allow my body to speak to me.  I feel all conversations and then I use bodywork as a way to release anything that does not serve me.  

Very interesting story...  I have a friend who is a "tough" guy.  Raised in Brooklyn, very tough traumatic childhood...  He was sharing with me just yesterday that in one year he lost his 5 best friends to drugs or violence.  As he was talking I began to cry.  It confused him.  He asked me why I was crying and I shared that his words carried the weight of his suffering.  And i felt it inside my heart.  He didn't quite understand what I was saying.

 I often find that peoples stories affect me.  I am quite empathic and it is the reason why I struggle in large crowds.  I feel people, and when I listen to their stories I feel even more.  It's as if every cell in my body responds to their story.  It is an interesting thing for me.  Its one of the reasons why I love people so.  Everyone wants to feel.  But sometimes, like in the case of my friend, we have a story and we tell it and we are not really connected to it.  We dont feel it.  It's as if just by telling it we can release it... And yes that is important and our words surely help with that...  But if you tell it and don't feel it your cells, which have memory, hold the actual event of suffering.  It's as if our fabulous bodies say, this is big and I am going to protect you from more suffering by holding it until it is safe for you to connect to it both mentally and emotionally.  What a gift... But also the reason for dis-ease... So while you receive bodywork you are processing your lifes struggles and joys and to you I say bravo!  Feel it, release it, thank your body and then ENJOY the gifts that come!!

Many blessings on this day and may your words continue to nourish those around you!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, love! And thank you for all of the helpful movements forward in my life your bodywork has been such an important part of. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete