Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lecture and vacation time

I am back from my mini vacation...  Started with a wonderful lecture in Woodstock, NY and ended with great conversation with my friend Molly who rode along to the lecture and then we both got to spend time with friends who we knew in the area.  If you know the Woodstock /Hunter area you may be aware of the Ashtock reservoir (which I learned is the water supply for NYC).  People used to be able to drive over the bridge and see for miles, but since 9/11 they have blocked off the bridge and are very cautious about the area.  

At the lecture I was able to speak with Sally Roesch Wagner, Ph.D. personally and I told her about a dream I have about getting native and non-native women together for a conference to share knowledge and stories of their cultures and to move us forward in this quest for peace and healing for the Earth.  I am meeting with her in Syracuse next week to talk about fundraising for the space in Fayetteville which is her first concern, and then we will dream the womens conference.  I am very excited about this and will keep you posted on the progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment