Sunday, April 19, 2009

Stained Glass












Today was Sidney's opening at The Gallery which is located here (for the next month or so) in the sanctuary.  While at the opening I was approached by a gentleman who was quite interested in the stained glass windows and he asked me if I thought about selling them.  He told me they would be worth quite a large sum of money and he was excited about them as he is a stained glass artist.  So, now my question to you my friends is this:  How do I find out more information about the value of the stained glass windows in my church.  I can't imagine selling the ones on the outside of the building, but there are three panels on the inside walls of the sanctuary that I am considering offering for sale. Here are some photos and if you have info to share, please let me know, either by phone, email / blog or forwarding these photos to someone who might be able to answer my questions.  I did a search on the web, but, alas, I am not quite savy on surfing...

1 comment:

  1. I am a stained glass restoration firm and I also have clients looking for historic stained glass such as Tiffany. The images on your blog have very little value unless you have documentation on the artist who created them and he/she is significant.

    With so many Christian churches closing especially in the north part of the USA, there is an oversupply of glass. In addition windows are sometime cheaper to create new, than to remove from your site, repair/restore, re-size to fit a new location and reinstall.

    I offer free consultation in New England and parts of New York. Where are you located?

    Bob Egan
    508 496 0849

    ReplyDelete