Monday, March 23, 2009

Cardinals

Sunday while taking a walk I saw the most beautiful cardinal and listened to his song for quite a long time.  I kept singing it in my head all afternoon...  Cheerful and bright!
This morning while sitting on my back "veranda" which overlooks the most beautiful asian garden (Jeremiah Donavan's back yard) I watched a pair of cardinals "dance".  The female would fly away, the male would follow, she would turn her back, he would fly around her to get her attention.  Finally, I felt like she "allowed" him into her domain.  It even seemed like her body softened a bit and they finally flew off together.  It seemed to be very important for me to see this...   I, of course, had to look up Cardinal in my Animal-Speak book (written by Ted Andrews) because two days in a row they made such an impression on me....

Here is the long and short of cardinal totems:  Cardinals show up to reflect lessons in developing and accepting a new sense of your own true self-importance.  They remind us that we always have an opportunity to renew our vitality and recognize the importance of our own life roles.  They also remind us to add color to our lives and to be conscious that everything we do is of importance.  

The Cardinal felt like a message so I just had to pick a rune to see what they would tell me today...  I got "the self" and the big message I heard was "live an ordinary life in an extra-ordinary way".   I feel like I do this very well.  Hummm,  maybe someone is trying to tell me something?  Feels to me like I am on the right track!  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment