Tuesday, March 3, 2009

joy joy joy joy down in my heart...

Okay so today is really really cold.  Going outside this morning to clear the side walk I couldn't help but make that "mean" face (that's what my kids used to say when I was clearly unhappy with them).  I felt my eyes squint, the corners of my mouth turn upside down and my teeth clench... then I recognized the "mean" face and immediately smiled.  It made me less cold.  I turned my face to the sun, felt the warmth on my cheeks and miraculously joy flooded my entire being. 
Wow, is the Universe good to us!  Once again I feel like singing "I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart"...  Ahhh, back on track just by noticing one little (or big?!) thing and changing the way I think about it!  Hope today you take notice of one thing that may be giving you the mean face and try to think about it differently.  Notice if your body feels different and if the joy returns! Hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment