Sunday, November 15, 2009

Friday the 13th, my new favorite day


Friday the 13th! My new favorite day! It is the day that my Love and I joined together ready to move forward in this space and time continuum, committed to one another for eternity!
The day was beautiful! We went into the woods with the dogs, my Love and I. Set the space so we could share our vows and journey together...

What I promised to My Love was this:

" I promise to always take good care of myself and be the best me I can be and to always encourage you to do the same I promise to take time every day, no matter what else is happening in our lives, to connect energetically. To fill "the box" with such joyful, blissful memories that even if we are not seeing eye to eye on something I will remember why I love, honor and respect you, (this beautiful light being that you are); and I promise to honor your choices, remembering that you will always honor mine."

(photo by Carol Hill, www.carolsmojo.com)

After exchanging rings, and sharing our vows, Jim led us in a shamanic journey. Didn't take me long to go through the "portal" and begin dancing in the other world energy. As I was dancing with Jim, Elizabeth joined us. The three of us were holding hands and it felt like a game of Maypole. There were beautiful ribbons and I was still in some way connected to the physical world because I could hear the drum and we were dancing to that beat. Then, a huge gust of wind brushed my physical body and Jim left the circle and came back to his physical body and Elizabeth took my hand and the earth seemed to open up to share a stairway into the earth. As Elizabeth and I descended into the cool earth the "ceiling" above us were the roots of the trees and they seemed to "tickle" my head and remind me of what was above. We danced in the underworld for quite sometime, until I was distracted (in the physical world) by the sound of a hawk. I immediately came back to my body. I stood beside myself and gently lay down to connect with the physical world again, and then Elizabeth came and stood beside me and looked at me so lovingly and with such gratitude and she lay down into my body and I heard "And so it is done, we are one". And in that moment I knew I had healed a part of myself that I didn't even know existed.

I can only imagine this union getting more magical and blissful and beautiful as time moves forward.

AND, I now have added to the vows that I shared on Friday because of a suggestion from my dear friend Corbie- "marriage is a 60/60 proposition...each one goes a little more than halfway, and that extra 10% locks it in for the tough times!")

I promise to always give 60% and welcome your 60% so that the extra 10% locks it it for the tough times... HO!

No comments:

Post a Comment