Tuesday, November 10, 2009

laughter

Yesterday after school Sam, Jim's 10 year old son, had a friend over after school. It was so fun to watch. When they first came inside after getting off the bus, Brutus greeted them and was introduced, then I came around the corner and Sam, under his breath says "Don't embarress me" and he had this adorable half smile that he wears sometimes when we play. It was so heart warming and endearing. What a joy this boy has brought into my life.
Anyway, as I tried to stay out of their way, I was quietly in the background. When they came in for dinner after playing in the creek and riding scooters, they were so animated. Their stories and laughter filled the kitchen and I could see it filling the house. I just gotta say, there is nothing more fabulous than the sound of laughter, and the sound of laughter from my beautiful boy is one of the best sounds I know! So, if you are feeling not so in the river, figure out a way to laugh or listen to laughter. It is the sound that cures!

1 comment:

  1. How I love and enjoy my own son's laughter it fills my heart...very nice reflection Janet. Very, very nice :-)

    Carol

    ReplyDelete