Friday, January 16, 2009

Moon cycles, very helpful energy for self examination!!

I have been learning about the moon and its quarters and what energy is represented by them.  So I thought since the new moon on the 26th is coupled with a solar eclipse it is a good time to share the little bit of knowledge that I have...  
Here's a quick run down on the different energies of the moon and how you might want to focus your attention / intention during these times:
New Moon (happening on the 26th) is a great time to ask for a blessing of a new project or venture, healing of any kind, personal growth, new relationships, goals, etc.;  Full Moon is when you may want to release those things that do not serve you anymore...  unhealthy habits or relationships, dis-ease, negative thoughts and emotions, past hurts, etc. ; the time between the New Moon and the Full Moon is called the waxing moon.  This is a good time to attract what you requested during the New Moon.  The time between the Full Moon and the next New Moon is called the waning moon.  This is a great time to banish things in our lives that we no longer wish to carry around with us. 

I keep a moon journal it helps me to self reflect on those things in my life and circumstances that I would like to enhance or change in someway.  When I write in my moon journal I consider the definitions for the full, new, waning and waxing moons.  Then I prioritize those items that I would like to improve or change and I place them next to the moon phase and make a list.  I review the list (probably way to many times than is necessary, but alas that is who I am) and consider how many of the items are the direct result of one particular need or problem, then I know what I want to concentrate on first.  After a little while I find that some of the items on my list are no longer necessary, so I scratch them off and write the date beside them.   I review the list on a "goal or blue moon".    This moon occurs when the moon with its 28 day cycle appears twice within the same calendar month, due to that month's 31 day duration.  So this is the simple version of what can be a very complicated process and I hope it is helpful.  I know it has been for me!  
Love and light (moonlight and sunlight!), Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment