Monday, January 19, 2009

Stones, what do they say to you?

Yesterday I spent a few hours at one of my favorite shops - two hawks gallery in Homer, NY.  Lee and Dave, the proprietors, are so warm and inviting.  They have so much knowledge about the stones they offer that I could spend hours there.  One of my favorite parts of visiting them, besides holding the stones and feeling their vibrations, is that I get to  listen to their stories about where the stones come from, who mined them,  how they came to be in NY, and how people find the exact one that speaks to them!  So I purchased a number of stones that I will use in my massage practice and also one very special one that is set in a ring.  The ring is moonstone.  The energetic qualities of moonstone are that it is a stone of new beginnings.  It is strongly connected to intuition and improves emotional intelligence.  It is a stone filled with receptive, passive, feminine energy.  It balances male-female energy, and it draws out old emotional patterning so that it can be understood than dissolved  Moonstone's vibration is linked to the pineal gland and balances the hormonal system and attunes to the biorhythmic clock.  Ancient healers used an elixir blended with moonstone to cure insomnia and to prevent sleepwalking.  
With so many stones available sometimes it can get confusing and overwhelming to find the one for you.  That's why I recommend paying a visit to Lee and Dave, or purchasing one of the many books available about stones.  The one that I refer to most often is "The Crystal Bible" written by Judy Hall.  It is thorough and has pretty pictures (yeah!) to help me identify the stones that I have.  Some of the other books focus on the healing qualities or stones used in ritual, or love stones.  Be aware of what you want from your stones so that you can refer to the book that is most related to your  desire.  And, or course, if you have questions please ask me.  I may not have the answers but I probably can point you in the right direction!!  Be well, Janet  

No comments:

Post a Comment